Tuesday, March 31, 2009

public school

We have had to make a very hard decision concerning our 5 oldest children. We're sending them into the public school system...It may not seem like that big of a deal....but this is their first year in a public school, until last year they went to a small private school and last year I home schooled them. I had planned on continuing to home school until high school and then if they wanted to attend the high school they could, if not we'd go on with the homeschooling thing. BUT Obadiah threw a little bit of curve ball in my direction and so we had to figure something else out. Financially we couldn't send all 5 of them back to a private school and no one was jumping up and down to be "our teacher" for a year so that pretty much left us with one option. The public school system. All in all it has been a good experience. They have enjoyed being in the conventional school setting again. Making new friends, school lunches, field trips, and science projects. But they can't wait until next year when they can be home schooled again! They just make my little mommy heart melt. They really liked being home schooled. We did have fun and I got to know my kids a whole lot better during that year than I ever imagined possible. They probably think the same thing about me. This next school year will be a little more challenging because we do have Obadiah and he is a little go getter! He's getting into EVERYTHING and loving every minute of it. Although it may be a little more challenging I'm sure it will be just as rewarding as last year and I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Hope everything is going well with your baby and school. I am a Homeschool Teacher and MOM to my 7 blessings. Hope to talk soon, Blessings,

    ReplyDelete